Space Weather Services (SWS) (formerly IPS) is a regular member of the International Council for Science (ICSU) World Data System (WDS). The World Data Centre (WDC) for Space Weather is a part of and operated by the Australian Bureau of Meteorology, Space Weather Services. The centre is located in Sydney, Australia.
Thousands of gigabytes of Ionospheric, Magnetometer, Spectrograph, Cosmic Ray data and Solar images are available for direct download from the FTP Download section. These areas are continually growing, with the addition of new data types, downloadable tools and data from new locations. Please see the Latest News for updates.
Use the links under the Data Display and Download section in the left-hand menu to select data for download.
Conditions for Use of Data
- You agree to acknowledge the provider of the data in any publication making use of the data. Example: "We are grateful to the Australian Bureau of Meteorology, Space Weather Services for the provision of [dataset name] data."
- You agree to send a copy of any paper using this data to the Australian Bureau of Meteorology, Space Weather Services.
- Any commercial or industrial use of the data is prohibited without a previous written agreement with the Australian Bureau of Meteorology.
- You may share this data with colleagues, provided you inform them of these conditions.
- The data sets listed here are a subset of SWS holdings.
- The WDC only holds archived data files owned by SWS. For real-time data and images, please follow the navigation links in the header of this page.
- The WDC Help Page lists all resources available in this section, including downloadable data, software and data catalogue information.
- See the SWS Data Policy.
- Read more INAG articles from INAG - Ionosonde Network Advisory Group Home page.