Mailman email interface
Mailman provides an email interface to allow subscribers to:
- see a detailed description of the list
- change your subscription preferences
Each list has additional aliases that provide extra functionality. They are:
- ListName-join AT sws.bom.gov.au or ListName-subscribe AT sws.bom.gov.au
Sending to this address will initiate a subscription. Subject and body are ignored, and a confirmation email will be sent to the sender address..
- ListName-leave AT sws.bom.gov.au or ListName-unsubscribe AT sws.bom.gov.au
- ListName-owner AT sws.bom.gov.au
Used to contact the mailing list owner
- ListName-request AT sws.bom.gov.au
Allows a user to run commands via email. Commands can be in the subject or in the body of the email, one per line. Here are the commands you can send to -request
- confirm confirmation_string
This will be embeded in the confirmation email when you subscribe to a list. Usually a simple reply to the comfirmation email is sufficient to complete a subscription.
Tells Mailman to cease processing commands within an email.
Tells Mailman to send a copy of the help dialogue.
Provide general information about the list.
Used to change various subscription settings. Set show returns your current settings.
- [$<$OLDPASSWORD$>$ $<$NEWPASSWORD$>$] [address=$<$ADDRESS$>$]
- subscribe [$<$PASSWORD$>$] [digest|nodigest] [address=$<$ADDRESS$>$]
- unsubscribe [$<$PASSWORD$>$] [address=$<$ADDRESS$>$]
- confirm confirmation_string
Here are the names of each SWS mail list. Add -join, -leave, -request, -owner as needed.
- ips-aurora-alert - Possibility of Auroral Event
- ips-mag-alert - Magnetic Alert
- ips-si-alert - Geomagnetic Sudden Impulse Detection
- ips-flare-alert - Flare Alert
- ips-swf-alert - Short-wave Fadeout Alert
- ips-proton-alert - Proton Alert
- ips-clg-radio-sweep-event - Radio Sweep events detected at Culgoora
- ips-geostat-system - GEOmagnetic STorm Alert Tracking System
- ips-sws-alert - Solar Wind Shock Alert
- ips-swp-alert - Solar Wind geomagnetic activity precursor Alert
- ips-fd-alert - Forbush Decrease Alert
- ips-gle-alert - Ground Level Alert
- ips-geo-warning - Geophysical Warning
- ips-hf-warning - HF Warning
- ips-sf - Summary Forecast
- ips-dhfpr - Daily HF Propagation Report
- ips-dsgr - Daily Solar and Geophysical Report
- ips-dhfpr-euro - Automated Daily European HF Propagation Report
- ips-iflux-dailyvalues - Daily Quiet Sun Radio Fluxes from Learmonth
- ips-wgr - Weekly Geophysical Report
- ips-whfpr - Weekly HF Propagation Report
- ips-wsgr - Weekly Solar and Geophysical Report
- ips-ssn-predictions - Observed and Predicted Solar Indices
- ips-tindex-predictions - SWS Observed and Predicted T Indices
- ips-mpn - Monthly Prediction notification of update
- ips-msgr - Monthly Solar and Geophysical Report (notification of updated PDF file)
- ips-info - General information about SWS (includes software anouncements, new products and general interest)
- ips-training - Scheduled HF radio propagation course dates
- stsp - Australian Solar Terrestrial and Space Physics
- inag-general - Ionosonde Network Advisory Group
- ursi-commission-g - URSI Commission G Mailing List