What is new in GWPS 4
The Ground Wave Prediction System 4 is a GUI-driven tool for predicting the propagation of radio waves in the MF and HF frequency bands over the surface of the Earth.
GWPS 4.0 New Features
- Area prediction charts of ground-wave field strength (dB above 1 mV/m), signal-to-noise ratio (SNR), and frequency range (single and multi-surface) for the user selectable transmitter (Tx) location and area of interest.
- Area prediction results are generated using full multi-surface calculations and a new high spatial resolution (0.02 or 2 km at the equator) table of surface conductivity and dielectric permittivity.
- Up to 500 x 500 grid cells within the user selectable area of interest so that multi-surface area predictions can exploit the full resolution of the new high-resolution land-sea-ice table.
- Implementation of a faster multi-surface algorithm to reduce the calculation time required for large numbers of grid cells.
- New high spatial resolution land mass outlines including islands, reefs, and lakes.
- Export of area prediction results in KMZ file format for importing as an information layer within Google Earth.
- Area prediction charts of background noise (CCIR or ITU atmospheric noise + made noise + galactic noise).
- Latest ITU-R recommended method for calculating the total noise by combining atmospheric, galactic and man-made noise levels.
- Improved area prediction input dialogue including more user selectable regional geographic maps.
- Moving the cursor throughout the area prediction displays the geodetic coordinates, range, bearing, and parameter value.
- The option to overlay range markers (circles) at preset intervals from the Tx.
- The option to contour and/or smooth the area prediction results.
- All the familiar features of GWPS 3 remain in GWPS 4.
- Revised HTML User Guide.