What is new in GWPS 5
The Ground Wave Prediction System 5 is a GUI-driven tool for predicting the propagation of radio waves in the MF and HF frequency bands over the surface of the Earth.
GWPS 5.0 New Features
- GWPS 5 is a rebuild of GWPS 4 using Microsoft Visual Studio 2015.
- GWPS 5 ensures the stability of the program under Windows 10 and beyond.
- GWPS 5 will run under 64 bit machines running Windows 10.
- GWPS 5 is compatible with Windows 7 and 8.
- GWPS 5 retains all the familiar features of GWPS 4 plus additional features.
- Field strength [dBm] is now displayed as well as Field Density [dBmicroVolts/metre].
- The Geographic Area predictions now have a Table View as well as the Colour Plot.
- The Input Parameters menu is now Tabbed with separate dialogues for Geographic Coordinates, Environmental Conditions, System Parameters and Antennas to make it easier for the user.
- The Antennas Tabbed dialogue now has a text box showing the Gain of the Tx & Rx antenna.
- T-indices dialogue has been removed since Solar Activity only affects the Galactic Noise component of Background Noise.
- The GWPS5 User Guide has been updated.
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements have been made.
- Faster computing predictions and easier to use than GWPS 4 which was a 32 bit application.